As the economies around the world look to recover and rebound from the impact of the pandemic, the MAS FinTech Awards 2021 seek to recognise FinTech initiatives which have helped to create growth opportunities, transform industry practices and promote financial inclusion amid challenging circumstances.
SFF Global FinTech Awards 2021 (MAS)
MAS FinTech Awards 2021
The theme for the MAS Awards this year is "Emerging from the Pandemic, the Road to Recovery". With the theme in mind, a total of 12 winners will be selected across 4 different award categories. Please refer below for the various award categories.
The global economy has been significantly impacted by the pandemic in the last year. As the pandemic ebbs and economies re-open, the focus in now on initiatives to address recovery and rebound from the impact of the pandemic.
Up to $150,000 per winner per award category
Up to 12 winners will be selected under the four Awards categories: 1) Singapore Fintech (Singapore Founder), 2) ASEAN Fintech, 3) Singapore Financial Institution and 4) Global - By an international panel comprising of industry experts.
One first prize winner per award category: Singapore Fintech (Singapore Founder) ASEAN Fintech Singapore Financial Institution Global
One second prize winner per award category: Singapore Fintech (Singapore Founder) ASEAN Fintech Singapore Financial Institution Global
One third prize winner per award category: Singapore Fintech (Singapore Founder) ASEAN Fintech Singapore Financial Institution Global
Award Category: Singapore FinTech (Singapore Founder)
- The term 'founder' is defined as an individual who was instrumental in setting up the SME. There is no need for majority share-ownership.
- Company must be a Singapore-based SME with at least one founder who is a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident.
- The SME must have a physical office registered in Singapore.
- The solution must have been implemented/deployed in any part of the world within the past three years (1 July 2018 - 30 June 2021).
Award Category: ASEAN FinTech
- ASEAN-based FinTech company i.e. a technology provider
providing product/services to the financial sector.
- The FinTech company’s core business must be related to the finance industry.
- The FinTech company need not be regulated by any regulatory body.
- The FinTech company must have a physical office registered in ASEAN.
- The solution must have been implemented/deployed in at least one ASEAN country in the past three years (1 July 2018 - 30 June 2021).
Award Category: Singapore Financial Institution
- Singapore-based Financial Institution of any size.
- The Financial Institution must be a regulated entity in Singapore.
- The Singapore office must have contributed to the implementation/deployment of the solution in at least one ASEAN country in the past three years (1 July 2018 - 30 June 2021).
Award Category: Global
- FinTech project implemented in any part of the world in the past three years (1 July 2018 - 30 June 2021).
Who can apply for the FinTech Awards?
We welcome all solution providers and Financial Institutions with an implemented innovation solution that enables the financial sector to respond better to the pandemic and climate change, and achieve a more sustainable outcome to apply for the MAS FinTech Awards.
Do I need to specify which category I am applying for in the application form?
Yes, please specify the award category that you would like to apply for in your application under the "Hackathon Related Questions" category
How many categories can I apply for?
You may apply for more than one category if you fulfill all the criteria set out in each category.
What is the judging process for MAS FinTech Awards
There will be 2 rounds of judging. The first round will select the top 40 finalists and the second round will select 3 winners from each of the 4 categories. In each of the award categories, the first place winner will receive S$150,000, the second place winner will receive S$100,000 and the third place winner will receive S$50,000.
Can there be more than one entity applying with the same solution?
Yes, we recognise that some solutions are a product of cooperation within the community. We welcome applications from all organisations involved.
Can one entity submit more than one application?
Each entity/company can only submit more than one application if they have multiple solutions that they wish to enroll.
Do I need to submit a solution after being shortlisted?
No additional solutions will be required to be submitted if you have been shortlisted. The "Submit Solutions" date per the timeline refers to the submission of judging scores by the panel of judges after their evaluation.
The solutions submitting will be judged against the following criteria:
- How well the solution has enabled the financial sector to respond better to the pandemic and achieve a more sustainable outcome.
- How quickly or easily can the solution be implemented to address a global disruptive event such as COVID-19.
- Ability for the solution to interface with other systems.
Uniqueness and Creativity:
- Extent to which the solution differs from the status quo.